Application Development Manager
The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for an experienced and energetic manager with web development expertise to lead our application development team in Yerevan, Armenia.
At Tumo, we develop our own innovative educational applications as well as registration, user management, content creation and project management tools. All our applications are web based and designed to be used by Tumo’s local users and staff, and by our future online community.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated development professional to advance their career while contributing to the professional and social development of young Armenians.
Reporting directly to the General Director, the Application Development Manager is responsible for the production, maintenance and unit testing of all software products; management of the development team; and hiring and firing of team members.
The Application Development Manager will play a key role in the design of new products and new versions of existing products, and will coordinate the work of the development team with other groups within Tumo, including the educational content development team, HR and public relations.
· Line and Task management of developers for all software development work
· Providing estimates for design and build activities
· Detailed code review
· Production and approval of technical designs
· Documentation and ensuring compliance with standards and processes
· Coordination with other group managers
The Application Development Manager will be expected to participate in coding and design activities and will be responsible for their own coding and unit testing, and for producing system-specific technical designs.
· Experience leading technical teams
· In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following technology areas:
o HTML5 and CSS
o PHP 5 with strong object oriented programming
o Zend Framework, MVC
o Networking, Sockets, XML
· Experience with mission-critical multi-user applications
· Experience working with a standard version control system (ideally Subversion)
· Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
· Demonstrated ability to produce Technical Designs working from system requirements
· Hands-on experience with dynamic web applications, relational databases and performance tuning
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the applicant’s recent salary history.
How to apply
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please mention “Development Manager Position” in your subject. Also include the contact information of your direct supervisors from two recent positions whom we can contact for reference checks.
The application deadline is 05 June 2012. Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
About the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center in Yerevan where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. We now have over 6,000 users attending on a regular basis and participating in our innovative, self-paced program. Tumo’s Yerevan facility is a newly built state-of-the art environment equipped with over 500 workstations and tablets running industry standard applications and educational content. Our educational framework is based on a proprietary platform which promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities.
Please visit www.tumo.org to learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies.