Deadline: 31 December, 2012
Open to: holders of a doctorate degree or PhD (postdocs or higher) who are members of a 3rd country or an European institution.
Scholarship: 1200 euros per week
Short-term research scholarships (max. 3 months) for postdocs and assistant, associate and full professors are available in the context of the Erasmus Mundus master Economics of Globalisation and European Integration. The amount of the scholarship is 1200 EUR per week.
About the Erasmus Mundus master Economics of Globalisation and European Integration
The Programme offers a scientifically well-founded training in the field of economics of globalisation, international trade and European economic integration. It provides a profound insight into the current scientific knowledge in this field and is supported by scientific research at the partner universities, both at these universities individually and in a network context. The Programme leads to an in-depth understanding in the following core fields: Advanced Microeconomics, Advanced Macroeconomics, Open Economy Macroeconomics and International Finance, Economics of Globalisation, Economics of European Integration, and International Trade: Theory and Policy. As a master degree in economics should also include a strong quantitative component, Applied Econometrics is taught as an additional core discipline.
The Programme is jointly taught and organised by a consortium of seven European universities: Universiteit Antwerpen (Belgium), Università degli Studi di Bari ‘Aldo Moro’ (Italy), Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium), Universidad de Cantabria (Spain), Université de Lille 1(France), Vysoká Škola Ekonomická v Praze (Prague University of Economics) (Czech Republic), Staffordshire University (UK), Xiamen University (P.R. China) and Universidade de Brasília (Brazil).
- Applicants for the scholarships should be holders of a doctorate degree or PhD (postdocs or higher) and be staff members of a 3rd country or an European institution. They will be selected by the EMMC consortium to contribute to the joint programme.
- Students should submit proof of an internet-based TOEFL level of minimum 110 (or its equivalent in another TOEFL score system), or a ITELS grade of at least 6.5, or should submit proof of having studied at least one academic year in an English-language programme.
The amount of a 3-month scholarship for scholars is 1200 Euro per week.
How to apply?
Erasmus Mundus scholars should equally apply to the University of Antwerp.
Parallelly, send by regular mail (mandatory) and fax or e-mail with scanned electronic copies (optional):
- a letter of motivation,
- an authenticated TOEFL certificate or equivalent,
- authenticated copies of official documents containing your study results (diplomas/certificates, transcripts),
- a list of publications,
- two recommendation letters of senior colleagues
- an extensive c.v.
These documents should be sent to the administrative coordinator of the programme, Mrs. Mieke Vermeire (firstname.lastname@example.org), Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp, Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerp, Belgium.
If you are an associate or full professor, no recommendation letters are required.