Deadline: 31 October, 2012
Open to: candidates who have or are about to obtain their first degree, young researchers from universities or research institutes
Remuneration: 450 euros
European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) is providing a limited number of internships to candidates who have or are about to obtain their first degree, as well as to young researchers from universities or research institutes.
The main task of interns will be to assist the research team under the supervision of the Research Fellow responsible for the programme. Certain administrative tasks may also be entrusted to interns, although they will not entail more than 15% of the time they spend at the Institute.
Two intakes of interns will run between January-April and May-July (4 months and 3 months respectively) during the first half of 2013. Candidates are kindly requested to state their choice of date (Jan-April or May-July) in the application form.
- Candidates should have a good knowledge of at least one of the Institute’s working languages (French and English).
- Candidates should have or be about to obtain their first degree.
- The Institute does not provide health insurance for interns, who should ensure they are covered by their student medical insurance during their stay in France and be able to show the European Health Insurance Card upon arrival.
- Interns from non-EU countries should also have a valid health insurance card or contract to show on arrival, as well as a valid visa where necessary.
Interns will receive a symbolic stipend of 450 euros. Interns are entitled to one day’s leave per month plus French feast days and public holidays.
The Institute regrets that it cannot pay for travel expenses or accommodation nor can it assist interns in finding accommodation in Paris.
How to apply?
Applications should include:
- a completed application form (see EUISS website),
- a brief CV;
- a covering letter, outlining the reasons for the candidate’s interest in the Institute’s internship programme;
- dates of availability (January-April and May-July)
Completed applications to be sent by e-mail to Marie Antonini (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 31 October 2012.
Decisions will be communicated to the candidates after 15 November 2012.
(For internships taking place in the second half of 2013, a new application period will open in spring 2013.)
Application form can be found on the official website