The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for an energetic Robotics Workshop Leader with experience in design, construction, operation and application of robots and/or relevant programming skills to join the Robotics project held at Tumo in Yerevan, Armenia.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated professional to increase their building and programing experience with Robotics products while contributing to the professional and social development of young Armenians and sharing his/her enthusiasm and passion for Robotics technology.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Robotics Workshop Leader is responsible for building, programming and testing complex Robotics products of Tumo and instructing the Robotics project students in building and programing of Robotics technology in a game-like environment.
· Building, programming and testing Mindstorms Robotics products of Tumo
· Building and programming lab equipment and LabVIEW applications
· Providing estimates for robots’ programing and build activities of students
· Instructing and training the students on daily basis and encouraging towards building and programing complex Robotics technology
· Ensuring compliance of Robotics building and programing with the requirements of usage manuals by the Tumo students
· Keeping the students active and interested, encouraging them to participate in the Robotics classes
· Knowledge and experience with any programming language is a must
· Ability to quickly and effectively learn new programing languages’ platforms, specially including those based on graphical interfaces
· Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer “CLAD” or extensive experience with programing and modeling LabView modules.
· Experience in building and programing Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 or any other Robotics product is a plus
· Experience in education is a plus
· Ability to work both independently and in a team
· Ability to work productively on a regular basis
· Strong communication skills with teenagers
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the applicant’s recent salary history.
How to apply
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please mention “Robotics Workshop Leader” in your subject. Also include the contact information of your direct supervisors from two recent positions whom we can contact for reference checks.
The application deadline is 25 June 2012. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
About the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center in Yerevan where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. We now have over 6,000 users attending on a regular basis and participating in our innovative, self-paced program. Tumo’s Yerevan facility is a newly built state-of-the art environment equipped with over 500 workstations and tablets running industry standard applications and educational content. Our educational framework is based on a proprietary platform which promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities.