Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural Assets
Job TITLE: Education Coordinator of the SOS Culture Project
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
DURATION: 16 months (with possible extension)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
The Education Coordinator is needed for the EU Funded SOS Culture project in Armenian/Georgian border regions. According to the project there are several youth clubs in Armenian/Georgian border regions, which are independent institutions offering after-school environmental education free of charge. The members of the clubs are teenagers between the ages of 14 and 21. Approximately 200 children are enrolled in the cultural education courses. The basic pedagogical tools used in Youth clubs are photography and film making. Supervised by the FPWC specialists, the children learn photography of cultural assets and shoot their own films dedicated to preservation of cultural monuments. The Coordinator serves as the academic manager of the SOS Culture project faculty members, and is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes.
- Develop a solid leadership team of Chairs and other staff members to ensure retention outcomes, expeditious course scheduling, optimum use of faculty, and resolution of administrative issues.
- Manage daily academic operations to remain within budgetary constraints and improve operating margins.
- Oversight responsibility for hiring, training, evaluating, and retaining qualified faculty and Chairs.
- Supervise the completion of faculty development plans, faculty evaluations, and assessment of development plans.
- Participate in curriculum development, evaluation and revision as requested.
- Coordinate with appropriate curriculum partners to ensure faculty are trained on all designated curriculum and institutional assessment initiatives.
- Lead student retention activities that include, but are not limited to: contacting absent students, new student orientation, coordinating departmental student academic advising, providing a beginning point of contact for student escalation issues.
- Ensure department compliance with state Department of Education, accreditation, and company criteria, regulations, and policies.
- Contribute to the overall success of the SOS Culture project as a whole.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) Master’s preferred.
- Minimum three years experience of relevant work.
- Experience in a proprietary, vocational institution developing courses, managing accreditation outcomes and an understanding of pedagogy.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of English, Russian and Armenian languages
· Ability and willingness to work with children
· Ability to travel and stay overnight if necessary
· Problem analysis and assessment
· Judgment and problem solving
· Planning and organizing
· Work and time management
· Information gathering and monitoring
· Coaching skills
· Teamwork and collaboration
Competitive, based on qualifications and work experience.
Please send your CV’s and cover letters to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with mentioning “Education Coordinator of the SOS Culture project” in the subject line of your message.
Deadline for Applications: 28th April 2012
The Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural Assets (FPWC) was established in 2001. One of the main aims of FPWC is to raise the public awareness for the preservation of Armenia’s unique natural heritage. Pursuing this goal FPWC provides environmental education for children and youths, organizes environmental festivals and campaigns as well as other projects such as the production of documentaries about nature.