Armenian Representative Office of American Bar Association/Rule of Law Initiative
Position: Election Coordinator
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Job Description: The Election Coordinator reports directly to the ABA/ROLI Country Director and assists Staff Attorneys in project implementation.
1. Provide notice and advice on the Armenian legal system, laws and regulations, and court procedures, especially election laws and regulations.
2. Research and write legal memoranda covering relevant points of Armenian laws, procedures and systems.
3. Provide current project status reports to the Country Director and to ABA/ROLI Staff Attorneys.
4. Represent ABA/ROLI at meetings, seminars, etc.
5. Provide oral interpretation at meetings as may from time to time be required
6. Prepare written translations as may from time to time be required.
7. Draft documents, letters, etc., as assigned by ABA/ROLI country director and Staff Attorneys.
8. Attend and report on trials and other legal proceedings.
9. Assist in organizing seminars on legal topics, including but not limited to, preparation of agenda and materials, logistics and seminar presentations.
10. Assist drafting reports for ABA/ROLI Washington office.
11. Such other duties, which are customarily performed by an associate as may be assigned by ABA/ROLI country director or Staff Attorney.
The candidate must have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, must be able to build partnerships with Armenian and International Organizations, must be able to work cooperatively within a team of professionals and must be able to work successfully under pressure. The candidate must possess appropriate training and experience for the job; a legal degree is highly desirable.
Application Procedure: Please, send your CV and a motivation letter indicating the experience related to election processes and administrative law to the following e-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 17 February, 2012